- TWU kicked ass. Surpassed any expectations I had about it. Bangalore is an amazing city, my mates there were great people and so were the trainers.
- So far I've worked in two different projects on ThoughtWorks. Professional growth has been amazing. Hell, personal growth has been amazing too. ThoughtWorks greatest asset is really its people.
- Unexpectedly, I've became a proficient Java developer. I had amazing project mates both on TWU and my first client facing project to help me get there. With a critical view and the right development practices and tools, Java is not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm still not fond of the language, but I've learned that TDD, good OO practices, a CI pipeline, and a good team make the productivity gap between technologies much smaller than it did for my small personal projects.
- The office in Porto Alegre is a great environment and I have to say it again: it's because of the people. It was great even when it was in the improvised space of unoccupied research labs in the CompSci building in TecnoPuc.
- I've been to San Francisco, US for 4 weeks. Had a great time in there, had the chance to create strong bonds with my team and meet the client. Really cool experience. It's amazing being a developer with a mere 1 year experience and have the chance to be close to the business you're helping out.
And right now, here I am, on my first paid vacations ever, in Aguas Dulces, Uruguay for the last day. But it's just end of part one, Letícia and I are soon getting a bus to Montevideo for part two of our trip.
Well, there I go, removed the stigma of not posting in the blog for ages. Now I can start using this again.